MRHS Future Business Leaders of America attended
its national conference in Nashville, Tennessee
this summer. Congratulations to Andrew Liu for
placing 2nd in his event: Insurance and Risk
The Workshop for the Fall Production of ALICE IN WONDERLAND is Wednesday, August 27 at 2:30 - 3:30 in the Theater. At the Workshop, you will be given the Audition Intent Forms and the Audition Monologues. AUDITIONS will be held on Tuesday, September 2 with Callbacks on September 3 and 4. All days go from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. You MUST have an Audition Intent Form completed and signed by your parent/guardian before you will be allowed to audition.
The Cast List will be posted on Friday, September 5 at 2:15PM. There will be a MANDATORY CAST AND CREW meeting Monday, September 8 at 2:30 PM (end time approx 4:30 PM) where information, forms and scripts will be given out and measurements will be taken.
For forms and additional information check the theater website!
If you need help completing the 2014-2015 Emergency Cards, here are some instructions to help with completing them.
Senior Portraits are taken by appointment only. Seniors will be assigned a specific date and time to have their senior pictures taken. Appointment cards will be mailed to your home in the next couple of weeks. If you have not received an appointment card from Lifetouch/Prestige by August 4th, please contact them directly at 1-800-445-1189. If you are unable to make your appointment time (once you receive your appointment card), please contact Lifetouch/Prestige at the above number to reschedule your appointment. Senior portrait make up dates will be offered in mid October.
Although you may use a photographer of your choice for your senior portrait package, for the purposes of background, size and formatting uniformity and quality, we highly recommend that Lifetouch provide all senior portraits for the yearbook. Because the senior pictures are transferred directly from Lifetouch to the Jostens Yearbook pages, having a picture taken by Lifetouch is the only way to guarantee that your student will be pictured in the senior section of the yearbook next year.
The Lifetouch summer appointment system makes sitting for a portrait easy, quick and convenient, so please take advantage of this opportunity prior to the start of the new school year!
The following information will help parents/guardians of returning 10th, 11th, and 12th graders as you prepare for the fall sports season:
- The fall sports season begins on August 13th. For more details, click here.
- All students must be academically eligible. Each student must have a 2.0 G.P.A. for the 4th quarter. All student athletes will need the following:
- Current physical: Must be dated after April 1, 2014.
- Athletic Participation form.
- Copy of Birth Certificate. This is only needed by those who have not tried out or played a sport before.
- Proof of residency. This may be a BGE bill, phone bill, etc.
- You can download all forms on the MRHS website: www.marriottsridge.net
- All student athletes must be insured.
- All Students must have concussion testing prior to the first practice, except for Golf and Cross Country. Concussion testing is good for 2 years. Testing will be held in the Media Center Computer Lab. Click here for scheduling information.
Read the latest issue of The Stallion here!